Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Chapter 1 (KAIRI): The Journey Begins...



Chapter 1 (Kairi): The Journey Begins

 "I wonder what's taking Mickey so long?" Kairi thought aloud as the group anxiously paced around the entrance to the tower.  
        "They're probably having some kind of Master Meeting" Sora guessed.  
        "But if that were the case" Kairi reasoned, "wouldn't Riku be there, now?"
        Sora and Kairi both looked to Riku for an answer, but all he could do was shrug.  "How should I know what's going on?  I haven't exactly been a master for too long.  Or did you two forget who the Keyblade went to in the first place?"
        "Hey, we just want to get this going" Sora explained.  "It's way too nerve wracking just sitting out here waiting for them.  We could already be on our way."
        "Don't get too jumpy, Sora" Kairi warned her friend, finally deciding to sit on the outside steps.  "We haven't fought a lot of Heartless lately.  We may be a little rusty.  And besides, you heard Mickey.  There are going to be worlds out there that we've never been to."
        "It would be nice to know where we're going, at least" Sora answered.
        "I second that" Riku agreed.  "It would be better if we knew a little about where we're headed.  We didn't get too much of a break in the Dream Worlds."
        Kairi nodded.  "I wish I could've gone with you guys.  At least I won't be left behind on this next adventure.  I'll be right on the frontline with you."
        Riku and Sora looked to each other and laughed.  Kairi was not amused.  "What's so funny?"
        "If you're out on your own, who's gonna save you when you get kidnapped?" Riku asked, trying hard not to crack a wry smile on his face.  
        Before Kairi could retort, the door to the tower opened and Mickey walked out the door.  "Welp, we're almost ready for adventure.  I just have one last thing to give to each of you."  In his hands, Mickey held three grey pieces of armor.  "This is the armor that Keyblade Warriors fight with.  It will protect you from the forces of darkness.  I think you guys should get used to it before we set out."
        "But Your Majesty" Sora called out, "this is just one piece of armor.  How can this protect us?"
        "Put this on your upper arms and press the circle button" Mickey answered Sora's outburst.  All three students took a piece of armor from Mickey and attached it to their arms.  Simultaneously, all three tapped their new armor.  In a blinding flash of light, all three had found themselves covered from head to toe in new armor.  Sora's was a blend of silver and gold, while his helmet resembled the head of a lion.  Riku's was silver and blue, with a helmet shaped like a wolf's crown to top his armor.  Kairi's lastly, was a unique blend of magenta and violet, with a rabbit's shaped helmet.  All three warriors let out a combined shout of excitement.  
        "Your armor has special powers with them, too" Mickey explained.  "But you're gonna have to learn those on your own.  I never had that kind of armor, you see."  
        "How do we disable it?" Riku asked.
        "Just tap your upper arm again."  Riku and Kairi tapped their arms and the armor around them vanished.  Sora, after admiring himself for another moment, followed in suit.  Mickey nodded and opened a path in the light with his Keyblade.  The white light beckoned to the three warriors as it had on the island.  Mickey walked past the three students, turning back to smile and vanishing into the light.  
        Riku nodded and turned to Sora and Kairi.  "Don't slow me down this time, Sora."  Not giving Sora the opportunity to answer, Riku rushed off into the light after Mickey.
        Sora scoffed at Riku's comment.  "Slow him down?"
        "I guess he thinks that he's done so much on his own" Kairi reasoned, "that he thinks he can work twice as fast as we can."
        "No way can I let him think we're lazy!" Sora proclaimed, diving into the portal of light after his friend.
        Kairi rolled her eyes and smiled.  "Boys will be boys."  The young girl started towards the portal and sighed.  She looked up towards Yen Sid's tower and nodded to herself.  With a growing confidence in herself, the Princess of Heart and potential Keyblade Master walked calmly through the portal towards her first journey.

        Kairi, unlike Sora, had left the portal normally and was able to enjoy the wonders that Disneyland had to offer immediately.  The group's portal had brought the group into a shopping district, abundant in various shops, a movie theater, and a few restaurants.  But it was the magnificent castle that caught the fair maiden's attention.  The castle stood proudly over the bulk of the magical kingdom, shining in the sunlight and completely dominating over the rest of the land.
        "It's beautiful" she exclaimed as she came up to Sora's side.
        Sora hopped himself up to his feet and wiped the dirt off his clothing.   "I know" Sora answered.  "I haven't felt like this since I first showed up in Traverse Town 2 years ago."
        "How different are the worlds than the Islands?" Kairi asked Sora.  "I know you've told Riku and I about all the worlds you traveled to, but are they really as different as you say?"
        Sora put his arm around Kairi.  "Don't worry, Kairi.  You're going to do fine here.  I know you will."
        Kairi put her hand on Soras.  "Thanks."
         "Don't go off and lose focus, guys" Riku called from a distance.  "We have an important mission, remember?"
        "What's wrong with a little fun, Riku?" Kairi asked innocently.  
        "You need to stop being so serious, Riku" Sora followed, as innocently as he could as well. 
        "I'm being realistic" Riku answered as they finally caught up with him.  "And it seems like I'm the only one doing so.  Mickey said that dealing with Maleficent is of the utmost importance.  And I'd like to get as much done before Xehanort--"
        "Riku" Sora called out.  "Can you just let loose?"
          Riku looked ahead and noticed Mickey standing near the castle, admiring a statue built in the center of a neat little garden.  Riku hurried up to meet with his old friend and began studying the statue.  Within seconds, Kairi and Sora had joined him.  As crafted in the statue Mickey stood, shaking the hand of a man wearing a neat suit.  His face had a warm and welcoming smile to match his neatly trimmed mustache.  "Who is this?"
        "My good ol' friend Mr. Disney" Mickey answered proudly.  "Ya know, in many ways, if it weren't for Mr. Disney, I wouldn't be here right now.  He's done so much for my subjects and me, that I feel that I should be forever in his debt.  But that's the thing with Mr. Disney.  He always wants to make people happy.  I'm sure he's off galavanting on some other crazy thing to make families smile.  That is the whole reason Disneyland was built."
        "I'd love to meet this guy" Sora said admiringly.  
        "Well" Mickey replied, "he said he would come back when the rides stop acting all crazy.  But since I'm getting you three onto that right now, it shouldn't be much longer."  Mickey turned from the statue and walked towards the castle.  
        As the Keybearers followed, they all looked around.  Three paths lay in front of them.  One led to a mysterious land, covered in vines and separated from the rest of Disneyland by a drawbridge.  The second path ran straight through the heart of the castle, leading to a peaceful looking village with a wide variety of oddities and attractions.  To the right of the group, a path led to a world with rotating planets and spinning gizmos and devices floating around in the air.  
        "From Main Street" Mickey called to the young warriors, "you can go to one of three places.  The first path will lead you to Adventure Land.  Those paths lead to worlds like Agrabah, The Pridelands, and other jungle and adventure themed worlds.  The path through the castle leads to Fantasy Land.  There is where most of the Princesses of Heart worlds and other magic themed worlds can be found.  To the right, is Tomorrow Land, the land of the future.  Many computer and outer space themed rides and portals run through there."
        "Just three lands?" Kairi asked curiously. 
        Mickey shook his head.  "Nope.  There are a few other worlds inside that you have to find.  There's Disney Town, where you'd probably be able to find Donald, Goofy and the others.  There's New Orleans Square, where you should be able to find lots of interesting things to do.  And there's also Frontierland, where lots of unknown things can happen.  You'll be able to access those places if you go through the other worlds.  Make sure you guys go to each land and search for the worlds.  We never know what's waiting for us."  
        Riku looked around the area and kept his focus on Tomorrow Land.  "I guess I'll go here.  I've always wanted to travel into space.  And maybe this world can tell me all kinds of things about the future."  He turned to Sora and Kairi, nodding swiftly.  Riku dashed off towards the futuristic town.
        Mickey looked to the two youngest warriors and nodded.  "I guess you guys are gonna go to Fantasy Land, then?"
        Sora shrugged.  "I guess I could spare the time."
        "It works out" Mickey answered for him.  "Merlin is over by the Matterhorn testing to see if it's got a ride inside.  You could go over and help him out."  The little king gasped.  "Oh no!  I forgot I had to talk to Riku!"  Mickey darted after Riku, leaving Sora and Kairi alone at the entrance to the castle.
        Sora scratched the back of his head.  "I guess this is where we part ways for now."
        Kairi winked.  "Don't you worry about me, Sora.  I can handle this."
        Sora laughed.  "I don't doubt it.  I just wish--never mind.  I'll see you around."  Sora turned from his friend and hurried into the heart of the castle.
        Kairi remained behind for a moment and blushed.  "Sora...someday, I wish I could tell you how I feel..."  When she was certain her best friend was well out of her range, Kairi walked into the magnificent Sleeping Beauty Castle.

        No sooner did Kairi walk into the castle, when she could see a young blonde haired girl running towards her.  "Kairi?  Is that you?"  The young girl jumped toward Kairi and hugged the maiden.  "I haven't seen you since we were kept in that ghastly castle of Maleficent's."
        Kairi smiled.  "Alice...it has been a while.  Um, what are you doing here?"
        Alice sighed and let go of Kairi.  "Truth be told...I haven't left.  When we couldn't find my home world after Sora stopped Ansem, Mickey and Minnie offered me a place to call home here.  I am indebted to them for their kindness."
        Kairi scratched her head.  "I thought you were from Wonderland?"
        Alice laughed.  "No, I'm afraid not.  We could never really find my world among the stars.  So, I've been helping Queen Minnie and all of the others as best as I can.  Though it has been a bit lonely since that Eilonwy girl left on a mission for Merlin.  But thankfully, now that you're here..."
        Kairi shook her head.  "Sorry, Alice, but I'm not here for that.  Mickey is sending Sora, Riku and I out to see other worlds and check if they need our help."
        Alice looked towards the heart of Fantasy Land.  "So that was Sora who raced through here?"
        Kairi giggled.  "Yes, so it would seem.  He's helping Merlin fix the Matterhorn--whatever that is.  So, I need to start exploring a world of my own.  But where should I start?"
        Alice took Kairi's hand.  "If it's a world you're looking for, then follow me.  I know just the world."  Alice led her fellow Princess of Heart into the dominion of Fantasy Land.  Kairi looked into the distance and Sora walk towards the Matterhorn and disappear.  Now, she finally began to understand her need to complete this mission on her own.  With Sora and Riku gone off into worlds unknown, this was her chance to shine on her own.
        Alice stopped near the entrance of an old mine shaft.  "This is it."
        Kairi looked at the mine shaft, slightly troubled.  "Uh, this is it?"
        Alice laughed.  "Don't let it's appearance fool you.  King Mickey said this world is the home of Snow White.  The mine belongs to the Seven Dwarfs who took her in once.  But she's probably living with her Prince in some new castle."  The young girl sighed.  "How romantic.  I wish I could have a dashing prince sweep me off my feet.  It seems all of our friends have one."
       Kairi raised an eyebrow.  "What do you mean?"
       "Well, Aurora is married to Prince Phillip, Cinderella is with Prince Charming, Belle is living with the Beast in his castle, I believe Aladdin and Jasmine are engaged, and even you and Sora--"
        Kairi turned crimson.  "What?  Me and Sora?  No.  We couldn't...I mean...we're best friends.  Um, you said this was Snow White's world?"
        Alice giggled.  "Well, yes.  This is her world.  I'm certain she would love to see you again."
        Kairi nodded.  "Then I guess I should go and check it out."  Kairi walked over towards the entrance to the mine.  A large lock covered the door to the mine.  "It really is my turn."  Kairi summoned her Keyblade, Destiny's Embrace, and aimed it towards the keyhole.  A beam of light fired through the keyhole and unlocked the door.  Kairi looked back towards Alice, who waved to her friend.  Kairi nodded and stepped through the door and into the enchanted light that emitted from within.

Kairi Obtained the Dimensional Linker

The Dimensional Linker allows Kairi, Sora, or Riku to
summon the strength of a friend or ally in order to
help combat the many perilous enemies they will encounter.

The Power of a D-Link is based on Friendship Level.
Friendship Levels range from 0-150.  
The stronger the friendship, the more powerful the Link.

Kairi Learned Thunder




No comments:

Post a Comment