Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Chapter 5 (RIKU): Down the Rabbit Hole



Chapter 5 (Riku): Down the Rabbit Hole

       Riku re-emerged from the Astro Blasters ride and sighed.  I forgot just how much fighting the Heartless can be exhausting.  I hope Sora and Kairi had easier worlds than mine.  As Riku walked back out into the sunlit Tomorrow Land, he was greeted by Professor Von Drake's loud voice.  "I do not know what you did in there, my boy, but the ride is now working full force."  The old duck hurried over and eagerly shook Riku's hand.
       "To tell you the truth, Professor" Riku shrugged, "the ride really does create a world all it's own.  And it was only by solving the mystery that I could have made it back."
        "You buying that nonsense that King Mickey keeps blabbing on about?" Von Drake laughed.  "These rides are not gateways to new worlds.  I've ridden this one several times and I never saw no other worlds."
        Riku stopped to think for a minute.  I guess only Keyblade wielders can get to these new worlds.  I wonder why Von Drake and the others weren't informed about this then?  "Say Professor", Riku said eagerly, "if you have any other problems with the rides here in Tomorrow Land, just come find me.  This place seems to be my specialty."
        "I'll take you up on that offer, my boy" Von Drake laughed, returning to tinkering another ride, a long track that seemed to run through Tomorrow Land.  "I'm having no other problems at the moment.  Why don't you go check up on those other worlds that Merlin keeps tinkering with?  I'm sure all his magic is causing Fantasy Land to go ker-plooie!"
        Riku nodded.  "Those were my thoughts exactly."  Riku waved to the Professor and took off down the path towards Fantasy Land.

        Riku took the time to admire just how different Fantasy Land was to Tomorrow Land.  There was no futuristic colors or shops.  The rides like Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters and Space Mountain were replaced by a carousel, a Seven Dwarf Mine Ride, and a journey into Wonderland.  The decor was much more like the village in Radiant Garden or Traverse Town.  The atmosphere seemed, to him, more magical and wondrous than the space age land of the future had been.
        As Riku neared the entrance to the Dwarf Mine Ride, he noticed a few familiar faces by the entrance.  The first was Mickey, who was talking to the other two ladies.  Kairi looked over to Riku and waved him over.  But it was the other young girl who caught Riku's attention.  Riku hurried over to address them.
        "Snow White?" Riku addressed the little princess.  He was certainly surprised to see her.  "What are you doing here?"
        "Truth be told" she answered sweetly, "I don't really know.  I was on my way to see if Kairi was okay at my stepmother's castle, and I was whisked away with Kairi here."
        "Yeah" Mickey answered happily.  "That was actually me.  You see, Master Yen Sid and I think that maybe Master Xehanort may target the Princesses of Heart.  That's why I want to make sure we have them here.  The Cornerstone of Light and I protect this world from Xehanort and Maleficent."
        Snow White seemed taken aback by that name.  "Xehanort?  Strange.  I think I've heard that name somewhere before.  I wonder when I did."
        "Xehanort is one of the bad guys" Kairi explained to Snow White.  "He would try to hurt you if he could."
        Snow White gasped.  "Well, at least I'm safe here with you, but what of my little friends?  Surely they could be protected from such a man?"
        Mickey nodded.  "Xehanort won't want to go there if you're here.  And he can't get in while I'm here, so there's really no worrying, Snow White.  Why don't you go inside and wait with Queen Minnie in the library."  The little princess curtsied and departed towards the castle.  Mickey returned his attention to Riku and Kairi.  "Have you guys seen any signs of Xehanort yet?"
        Kairi shook her head.  Riku followed in suit.  "Only Maleficent in my world."
        Mickey sighed.  "I got the same answer from Lea.  And Sora is still in his world, so I have to wait to hear from him."
        "Should we go to find him?" Kairi asked both Keyblade Masters.
        Riku looked to Mickey.  Should we tell Kairi the danger Sora's in?  It hurts me to lie to her, but I wouldn't want to worry her either.  
        Mickey eagerly shook his head.  "Nope.  Sora can take care of himself.  Besides, Merlin is watching over the Matterhorn attraction, so if anything does happen, we'll know.  Besides, I have an important mission for you two."  Mickey looked around, making sure no one was eavesdropping, then he leaned close to the two heroes and began whispering.  "We need to bring the Princesses of Heart here as soon as possible.  I'm already planning on sending Sora, Donald and Goofy out to bring Belle here to Disneyland.  But it seems one we already had here has disappeared.  I need you two to go to Wonderland and find Alice.  I think something's happened to her."
        Kairi was taken aback by the request.  "Alice is missing?  But she was here when I left.  Where could she have gone?"
        Mickey frowned.  "I don't know, but I've already had Donald and Goofy search the castle for her and we've found nothing.  She may not be in Wonderland, but at least we're giving it an effort.  Please bring her here, Riku.  I'm counting on you."
        Riku nodded.  "Don't worry, Mickey.  Leave it to me."  Riku started to walk past Kairi, when she stood in front of him.  "Let me pass, Kairi."
        "I'm going with you" Kairi answered hotly.  "There's no way I'm letting my friends get all the serious missions.  Let me go with you, Riku."
        Riku was about to protest, when Mickey stepped in.  "It would be nice for her to gain some experience with one of us guiding her."
        Riku rolled his eyes.  "Fine, but be careful, Kairi.  I'm not losing two people on this mission."
        Kairi nodded proudly.  "You can count on me!  By the way, where is the Wonderland attraction?"
        Mickey pointed towards a ride that looked as though it were still under construction.  A large,  crudely painted sign hung above it that read: Down the Rabbit Hole.  Riku nodded and hurried towards the attraction, Kairi close behind him.

New Party Member: Kairi
HP: 40
MP: 110
Friendship: 80
Weapon:
Destiny's Embrace (+2 ATK, +3 MAG)
Armor: 
Armor of the Princess (+1 ATK, +3 MAG, +4 DEF)
Accessories:
Princess Charm (+4 AP, +2 MAG)
Items:
Potion x2
Ether x2
Abilities:
Mage Power: Double the power of Magical Upgrades
Faithcharge: Send columns of light hurtling at enemies (Cost 10 MP)
Shining Light: Restore Allies HP and cure them of ailments (Costs 99 MP)
Sun Storm: Unleash Kairi and Riku's Joint Limit, Power Surge

Magic Boost: Boost the Power of Magic Attacks
Leaf Bracer: Allows Cure to be cast even when under attack
Item Boost: Boost the potency of Items on the field
Lucky Lucky: Increases the Drop Rate of rare items
Shining Aura: Boosts the Defense of Party when HP is low
Air Combo Plus: Adds One Hit onto all aerial combos

        
        Within seconds of curiously peeking into the rabbit hole, both Riku and Kairi were flung down the hole and plunged into the heart of Wonderland.  Large grandfather clocks with bizarre times chimed as the duo fell down the hole.  Random household items flew up past them, each more confusing than the last.  Riku could feel himself spinning out of control and seemed to be falling upside down.  Before he could adjust, he feet caught onto a random rail, while Kairi gently landed on her feet beside him.  Riku flung himself out of the rail and surveyed the area.
        "Did you listen at all to Sora's story?" Kairi asked Riku, giggling as she watched him struggle out of the rail.  "Sora taught me all about Wonderland.  I'm not afraid of what we're going to have to go through.  We'll be rescuing Alice in no time."
        Riku sighed.  "If only it were that simple, Kairi" he answered glumly.  "My question is how did Alice end up back here when you and Mickey both claim she was in Disneyland, where no dark forces could enter."
        "Sora said she's too curious for her own good" Kairi replied.  "She may have gotten herself lost, again."
        "Then it's our job to find her and bring her back before--"  Before Riku could finish his sentence, the duo was surrounded by Heartless.  Several Large Bodies and numerous multicolored heartless, including Red Nocturnes and Blue Rhapsodies.  "I guess I spoke too soon.  Let's fight!"

Defeat All of the Heartless

        As Kairi used a lightning attack to dispose of the last Heartless, she looked to Riku for some kind of praise of her newfound skills.  But when she recieved none, she sighed.  "Aren't you gonna say anything about me getting better?"
        "You're still only a beginner, Kairi" Riku reminded his friend.  "Don't be surprised if it takes you a while to wield the Keyblade like me and Sora do."
        Kairi nodded and looked past Riku down the path.  A small white rabbit wearing a waistcoat walked into the scene, but upon seeing the two of them, he scurried back down the path.  "Wait a minute!"  
        "What is it?" Riku asked.  
        "I thought I saw a White Rabbit" Kairi answered.  "He could lead us to Alice.  Come on, Riku!"  Kairi dashed off after the rabbit, leaving Riku alone to puzzle their situation.  
        I still don't know how Alice could have just disappeared like that.  I guess when we catch up with her, we'll have to ask her.  Riku followed Kairi down the path.  As Riku turned the corner, from where he just stood, a hooded figure appeared out of the shadows.  He looked at how Riku and Kairi had cleaned up the area of the Heartless and smiled.  
        "Our plan is still moving as expected" he answered in an emotionless, lifeless voice.  "Those two are the keys to bringing us what Master Xehanort seeks.  It won't be long now."  He snickered for a momente before following the two Keyblade wielders  down the path and into the heart of Wonderland.

        Riku and Kairi walked along a winding forest with nothing but Heartless waiting for them.  The deeper and further they marched into the forest, the more Riku's heart began to feel uneasy about their situation.  He hadn't seen anyone who could have made this world wonderful and had yet to see Kairi's White Rabbit.  Maybe they were going around in a great big circle...
        "Lose something" a voice called out of thin air.  Right out of nowhere, a oddly colored cat appeared above them and addressed them with a creepy smile on his face.  "Or perhaps did you lose yourselves when you arrived?  The more you search for what you've lost, the sooner you'll find yourselves lost.  That's the way of it in Wonderland."
        "Who are you" Riku asked, not in the mood for crazy riddles.
        Kairi put a calming hand on his shoulder and addressed the cat, who had moved to a nearby tree branch.  "Aren't you the Cheshire Cat?"
        The cat simply smiled.  "I am, and I am not.  I can be, and I also cannot be.  Just like Alice soon will not be.  The poor girl has done nothing wrong and yet finds nothing but danger so long as she wanders through Wonderland.  You too will find what she seeks: danger."
        Riku shook his head.  "Do you know where Alice is, or not?"
        The Cheshire Cat simply rolled onto his backside.  "Do you know you look rather odd from this angle?
        Riku snarled under his breath.  "We're wasting time.  Come on, Kairi."  As Riku prepared to walk down the path, the Cheshire Cat appeared to block his path.
        "If you go to find Alice with anger, you'll find nothing but what your anger represents.  Monsters and monsters galore.  Perhaps one day, should you not be so angry, we could share a cup of tea with the Mad Hatter."
        "Find anger?" Kairi asked the cat.
        "The Heartless feed on anger, as does the Queen of Hearts.  She practically breathes anger.  As soon as the Queen got angry, the Heartless appeared.  Should this fellow go to find Alice with the same anger, more Heartless may appear."
        Riku sighed.  "I'm not angry!  I'm agitated!"
        Kairi lowered her head.  "Riku, it's almost like you really haven't learned anything from Sora or his stories.  The more you let your anger guide you, the more darkness brims inside you.  That's exactly what the Cheshire Cat is saying."
        Riku shook his head and returned his attention to the Cheshire Cat.  "Alright, then how do we find Alice?"
        The Cat pointed his tail towards a rose garden up ahead.  "Alice may be greatful you have rescued her, but will her captors?  Perhaps you should ponder that while you ponder your anger."  With that, the cat vanished.
        Riku looked down the rose garden path.  "Can we trust him?" he asked both Kairi and himself.
        "I trust you'll decide that too, Riku" the cat's voice rang out one last time.  Kairi and Riku looked down the path and hurried down to find Alice
        






No comments:

Post a Comment