Monday, November 3, 2014

Chapter 4 (RIKU): Partners



Chapter 4 (Riku): Partners

        Buzz was slumped in the arms of two robotic guards for Zurg.  He looked up at the cyborg, who had removed his helmet to reveal who he was.  He was a blue skinned alien, with a black beard and a cruel smile that he wore almost always under his helmet.  
        Buzz seemed to be in complete shock at his new foe's appearance.  "Warp, did our years at the academy mean nothing to you?  You were my friend and a hero of Star Command.  Why did you choose to become one of Zurg's mind slaves?"
        "Mind slaves?" Warp asked Buzz, as if he were insane.  "Come on, Buzz.  I went to Zurg because he pays more.  Evil has always been so much more profitable than Good.  And, if I might add--" Warp showed off a flamethrower Zurg had installed in his arm.  "--it's a whole lot more fun than regulation lasers."
        "How long have you been a double agent?"
        "Since the academy" Warp chuckled, much to Buzz's anger.  "Once I got you and the LGM's to spill the secret of the Unimind, the Big Z brought me on full time.  My last name is Darkmatter.  Are you really that surprised?"
        "You were one of Star Command's finest.  And a perfect spy."  Buzz lowered his head in shame.  An onslaught of cackling laughter brought Buzz back up to glare defiantly at Zurg.  
        "I must admit, Lightyear" Zurg sneered, "since you've lost your dear partner, you've been off your game, my boy.  Why, almost every single step of my plan has been unleashed and you haven't done a thing to stop me.  It's almost like you've given up."  Buzz lowered his head in shame.  "But do not fear, Buzz.  I have no intention of killing you.  I'm going to take the galaxies greatest hero, and turn him into one of us."  
        "I'll never be a mind slave to the likes of you" Buzz snarled, struggling against his captor's grip.  "I will continue to crusade for justice even under your guise."
        "I know you're too strong to keep under my complete control, Buzz" Zurg laughed coldly.  "Do you really think I'm that foolish?  No, I had a much more delicious idea.  While you will be struggling to good while under my mind control, I will simply turn you into a Heartless.  Then, you will be forced to obey the will of the darkness."  
        Warp nodded.  "It isn't so bad when you get used to it.  Welcome to the team, partner.  It'll be just like old times."  
        "This isn't my team, and you're not my partner!" Buzz scowled. 
        
        Riku hurried over to the main deck as Buzz was being hauled up towards Zurg's Mega Ray.  Within seconds, his friend would be turned into one of Zurg's puppets.  "Buzz, hang on!"
        "Riku?" Buzz turned to Riku.  "Get out of here!  There's nothing you can do!"
        "Try me!" Riku shouted, lunging forward towards Zurg.  
        Zurg simply laughed off Riku's attack.  "Darkmatter, finish the boy!  And why hasn't that mega ray been charged yet?"  
        Riku's attack was stopped by a charging Warp, who knocked Riku to the side.  "Stay out of this, kid.  It doesn't concern you!"  
        "When you're harming my friends, yes it does!" Riku snarled, now ready to take down this new enemy with his Keyblade.

Defeat Warp before the Mega Ray is charged (3 minutes)

Boss Battle: Warp Darkmatter
HP: 550
Get Bonus: 
Riku Learned Air Slide
Buzz: +10 Friendship

        Warp staggered backwards, as the Mega Ray was fully charged.  "Sorry, kid.  You're too late.  Buzz is one of us!"  
        Riku hurried towards the Ray, but was powerless to stop it from firing at Buzz.  It was over.  He had failed Buzz.  
        "How do you fly this thing?" shouted a gung ho voice out of nowhere.  Riku looked above to see the Alpha-1 soaring onto the scene and swiping Buzz away from Zurg's robot lackey's.  "We got him!" Booster shouted on the megaphone, as he carried Buzz away from the Unimind's range, which fired out into the space, nowhere near it's intended target.  
        Zurg was aghast.  "Darkmatter, kill Lightyear!"  Warp tried to fly up to Buzz, but his battle with Riku had damaged his wings, causing him to drop to the floor.  Zurg snarled.  "I have to do everything, myself!"  Zurg raised his ion cannon and fired it at Buzz, causing him to fall from the ship's grasp and land on a nearby ledge.  
        Riku hurried to check on Buzz, but was surrounded by Heartless.  "Back off!"

Defeat All of the Heartless

        Buzz staggered to his feet.  "Booster, Mira, XR?  Do you copy?"  
        A laser blast launched Buzz towards the edge, but the space ranger held on barely by his fingers.  Zurg loomed above him, his ion cannon aimed at Buzz.  "Give it up, Lightyear.  I win!"
        "Evil never wins, Zurg!" Buzz shouted.  As he prepared to face oblivion, Riku came out of nowhere and knocked Zurg backwards with one slash from the Keyblade.  "Because evil is always alone!"  
        "What?  You think that just because you have friends, you are more powerful?  Do not make me laugh!  Here is where you and your Good die once and for all!"  Zurg aimed his cannon and Riku and Buzz as they prepared for the great battle that lied ahead.

Boss Battle: Evil Emperor Zurg
HP: 790
Get Bonus:
Buzz: +20 Friendship
+10 HP
Riku: Obtained Thunder Element
+10 HP

        Zurg stumbled backwards after the onslaught he had been forced to receive.  "No, it's not over yet.  It cannot be!"  Before Zurg could notice, the evil robot plummeted from the ledge and fell into the darkness below.  Riku looked down, only to find an explosion occur when Zurg met the ground.  
        "He's gone" Riku answered, as Mira and the others arrived to help Buzz.  "In fact, I think you guys won't have trouble with Zurg ever again."
        "But what about the Unimind?" Mira asked.  "With that still under Zurg's control, he can still come back."
        Riku looked at his Keyblade, which seemed to be pointing towards the Mega Ray.  "I think I'll be able to help you with that."

        Riku aimed his Keyblade, which fired a small beam of light into the Unimind.  With the power of light, the forces of darkness and Zurg's wrath were expelled from the Unimind.  A small wave of light shot out of the Unimind, which reverted to it's original orange and green colors.  The light beam sailed all across the galaxy.
        "That should take care of the rest of the galaxy" Riku uttered after the beam shined beyond Zurg's smog covered city.
        "I owe you big time, Riku" Buzz answered truthfully.  "I owe each and every one of you for your actions today.  Zurg would have defeated me if it weren't for you all.  Mira, Booster, XR, I'll see to it that Commander Nebula makes you all certified members of Star Command.  Zurg was stopped because I had backup."
        "Of course you had backup" Booster gushed.  "Everybody needs backup.  It's in the manual.  Section VI, subsection gamma."
        "I got the message, guys" Buzz answered.  Buzz now turned his attention to Riku.  Riku wore a look of regret and woe in his eyes.  "Are you alright, Riku?"
        "Zurg reminded me a lot of myself.  It wasn't too long ago that I was in his place.  All I could do was feed off of the darkness and I even tried to hurt my friends.  Maybe, if Zurg was like me and had friends like I do, things wouldn't have been this way."
        Buzz nodded.  "Riku, I may not know what you have done in the past, but what I can say is that if you're going out and helping those people in need, then you will always be a hero in our books."  Buzz, Mira, Booster, and XR looked at Riku affectionately.
        Riku smiled.  I guess this must be what it feels like to be Sora.  "Yeah.  Thanks."
        "Now, we won't keep you, Riku" Buzz answered.  "I'm sure you have other people to help and other enemies to take care of."
        "See ya around, Riku" Mira answered, saluting Riku.
        "Come again" Booster shouted.
        Riku nodded.  "Don't worry.  I won't be away for long.  I'll come back and visit one day.  I promise."

Obtained the Plasma Blade Keychain
ATK: +4
MAG: +2
Ability:
Increase the power of Thunder Based attacks

Forged a D-Link with Buzz Lightyear

No comments:

Post a Comment